Glacier Valley Eco Tours
Kia ora! At Glacier Valley Eco Tours, you are in the best possible hands. We are a New Zealand owned and operated local family business who have been living in the Franz Josef Glacier area for about 16 years. Cliff who is our lead guide and co-owner has been guiding in New Zealand in our national parks for the last 20 years, and in the glacier valleys here since we arrived in 2003. We live with our two children (and various pets) at the beach in Okarito, and when we are not running the business we are out on the Okarito Lagoon kayaking, fishing, walking, checking our traps at Lake Matheson, and creating art for our wee gallery, amongst other things!
- We offer guided small group and personalised nature tours learning about local ecology, glaciology, geology and history.
- All of our tours run in all weathers
- Children 3 years and under are free on all tours, with 4-15yrs half price
- We will provide you with wet weather gear and walking poles for free
- We’ll pick you up and drop you off
- Tours suitable from beginners – experienced and all ages & abilities
- We can offer you tours from early morning bird tours to the whole hog of Franz Josef and Fox Glacier and Lake Matheson in one day.
We hold a Department of Conservation license to operate guided tours in the South Westland World Heritage area/Westland Tai Poutini National Park. The last few years we have had all New Zealand ‘Kiwi’ guides, and we aim to continue this to give our clients the most knowledge and best experience possible.